Contributing Reader-Reviewers Required of Crime Fiction Books and Festivals
Do you write excellent reviews of crime fiction?
Can you demonstrate four or more reviews of crime fiction?
Do you attend crime fiction events and can write a review of them?
I am looking out for good reviewers of crime fiction for my readers.
If you think that you can contribute read on.
What’s in it for you?
I like to be up front and from the outset I’d like to say that, as a new site, I cannot offer any financial compensation to contributing reviewers.
However, in the guidelines below I can offer the following:
1. You get to showcase your talent as a reviewer.
2. Your efforts are placed before a much broader and more specific audience.
3. You get full attribution and link to your blog or website with the possibility of enhancing your own traffic.
4. By having that quality external link, it is believed that the search engines, Google, in particular, may favour these types of links in their results.
The Crime Fiction Lounge is a ‘NEW’ project website aimed at a very specific audience.
If you think that you fit the bill here are some examples of what we at The Crime Fiction Lounge look for in a review:
- Originality and Creativity – We’d love you to be original and creative in your reviews as long as you stay on topic. Images – We accept images in reviews and do not allow nudity or graphic violence.
- Be Nice to Everyone– We do not permit any defamatory, offensive or insulting remarks. Additionally, we do not accept Harsh critical statements that apply to the book or the writing within it, or indeed fellow reviewers. We do, however, encourage you to provide your honest opinion.
- Keep it Clean – Please ensure that that the language used in reviews is clean, i.e. no foul language, no sexual connotations etc.
- Pre-publication reviews – Reviews are eligible to be published as soon as a book has a publicly established release date.
- Self-promotion – Self-promotion is not permitted.
- Advanced Reader Copies – If you received a free advanced reader copy of the book, we require you to disclose that in your review.
- Length – We would prefer reviews with a minimum of 200 words.
The Crime Fiction Lounge Disclaimers:
- We reserve the right not to publish a review, unpublish a review at any time at our sole discretion. We are the judges as to whether a review meets our guidelines or not.
- The Crime Fiction Lounge does not endorse the views of the contributing reviewers. The reviews are the express opinions of the individual reviewers.
Ideally, it would be nice if contributors could submit one review per month but I also know that reviewers have other aspects to their lives too. And, many reviewers read different genres (But I can’t think why :-)). So, there’s no pressure from me, and I’m happy to receive reviews for consideration as and when you can provide one.
If you are interested in contributing please message me on the Keep in Touch page.
Thanks for reading,
The Crime Fiction Lounge – News, Reviews, Podcast, and more…